Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Cycle-path

An interesting tidbit: In February, a TN woman was arrested for biking under the influence... on a stationary bike... at her gym. She got a BUI.

I loved to ride my bike as a kid. Handsome and I each own a bicycle. I was tickled when Handsome and I went on our first bike ride as a couple. It is just plain romantic to me.

Then, we bought a house and the remodeling hurricane ensued. We were plum exhausted after all the work we put into said house remodeling.

Our bikes now hang from the ceiling in "his" garage. With all the projects we've pursued over the summer, we never got to ride together. I consider bike riding an enjoyable fitness activity.

Handsome believes that because he stands on his feet all day, he gets all the fitness he needs. I believe he does walk a lot, but it's not like the cardio aerobic activity that bike riding, or walking, produces.

I've taken to going to the Rec Center to walk on the treadmill after work. I figure, if he won't take the time to go bike riding with me, I cannot let that stop me from going after my own fitness goals.

I do wish we could take this journey together. I do want to get that romantic exercise feeling back. Bike riding together is just plain fun!

1 comment:

Pottery said...

Try taking him on a bike ride to the sports bar to get some hot wings. It's a bit like dangling a carrot in front of a mule to get it to walk forward. Speaking as a guy I know how we think.

Thanks for commenting on my Pottery Apple Bakers