Friday, August 29, 2008

My t-shirt will read...

"I survived the DNC!"

This city of mine has been incredibly busy this past week. The powers that be assured locals that there would be no more influx here in Denver that we normally see at a Broncos game.

Oh, how they jest.

There are TONS of people on the streets. Protesting, campaigning, schmoozing, walking, eating, yelling, marching, rioting, rollerblading with hardly a stitch on them...

OK, it was just the one lady. And I liked her style, if I didn't understand her point. See, she was shouting "More ass, less gas!" which I'm sure was some relation to the argument against drilling for oil. I just don't know how to put her thought into action. Or how to run my car off it.

**sigh**

The most frustrating part of being in town during this highlight in history, is the star power, and the effect it has on me. Movie stars, politicians, comedians, they are all here! Within sight!

Yesterday I had the opportunity to chat with stare at John Kerry, who dropped by our office to give a small speech.





However, that's nothing compared to who I missed, walking out of the Hard Rock Cafe...





Oh, bestill my heart....

2 comments:

bluedog said...

Oh dear. I feel for you. I would have preferred to see Matthew McHottie over John Kerry any day.

Heather said...

Hmm..could I be living in the wrong place?