Sunday, February 28, 2010

Exercise journal

Feb. 23 did a yoga class that my work offers. I haven't been to it in a while because since I joined the gym, I feel like that's where I get the most bang for my buck. (Well, if the yoga is free, there is no buck, but you get what I mean?)

Interestingly, I read in the Eat Right/Cook Right/Live Right 4 Your Type books that Type As tend to get the most benefit from exercises like yoga, tai chi, etc. as opposed to sweating it out on the treadmill at the gym.

I am still going to mix it up, alternating yoga with cardio and weights when I can.

Feb. 24 I did 30 mins on the elliptical. Scale said 145.0. Moving in the right direction.

Feb. 25 ate breakfast for lunch with a friend. So good, bacon, eggs and pancakes. Man, my belly hurt the rest of the day.

Feb. 26 had a meeting during lunch. Had a turkey club sandwich which was yummy. That night we went to dinner with some friends for Denver's Restaurant Week. This is a great deal where you can have a multi-course dinner for two for $52.80. We went to Rodizio's which is a Brazilian steakhouse and the waiters come to your table with swords skewering cuts of meat. It is all you can eat. And boy, did we eat. And eat. And eat some more.

That night, Handsome and I lay in bed just moaning (and not in a good way). It was punishment for all that good food. The weekend brought no good exercise to speak of. Maybe I needed a weekend off?

No comments: