Monday, June 2, 2008

Speakerphones make me smile

The attorneys in the offices usually have their doors open, which can lend to some awfully funny eavesdropping occurrences. Not that I ever eavesdrop, but sometimes they are just so darn loud it's tough to tune them out.

Here is a snippet of a voicemail that my boss, we'll call him Jim Jones, left for his wife, Jen.

VM: Hello, you've reached the office of Jen Jones. Please leave a message.

Jim: Jen, hi, it's Jim... Jones. (chuckle) Uh, guess you knew that. (chuckle) Anyway...
Now THAT cracked me up! I thought about it the rest of the day and giggled. It probably took place two years ago and it still cracks me up!

For more things to make you smile, please check out Jane at What About Mom?

1 comment:

Jane of Seagull Fountain said...

Aaaaah, that sounds really sweet, actually. And like something my husband would do. And somehow it's just nice to think of some random guy calling his wife during the day, and (hopefully) having something nice to say to her!

Thanks for doing MMSM; I'm enjoying your posts!