Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Super Easy Man-Pleaser





I have discovered that my husband is very easy to please.

Stop laughing!

Besides the obvious man-pleasers, I stumbled upon a very easy one. And I don't even have to be around!

That's right! He can enjoy this one all. by. himself!

OK, so on a Saturday morning, I will whip us up some pancakes. I like to make mine with the Jiffy mix (if you're a Bisquick user, don't judge, Jiffy is just MUCH less expensive. Like by half!) and milk. Then, I throw in a can of creamed corn.

Because what else are you going to do with creamed corn?

Since it is just Handsome and I, this makes a LOT of pancakes for the two of us. I flip the flapjacks until all the batter is gone and he can eat a pancake a day for the rest of the week at lunch.

Now, I'm not usually that forward thinking, nor am I that much of a Menu-Planner, but this definitely works for me!

3 comments:

ames said...

That sounds very tasty! How do you store and reheat them for the week?

Totallyscrappy said...

Pass the maple syrup! That sounds good to me...

Anonymous said...

hmmm, with the corn in there, do you think it would be good with some salsa and sour cream on top too? Maybe some refried beans? Sort of a Yankee tortilla sort of thing? Just thinking out loud.